We want to thank each of you for making our 3rd annual SMASH event a smashing success! Hope everyone had a blast! We had over 50 participants contributing to this great cause! (https://www.facebook.com/borotennisplus/?pnref=story)
American Cancer Society is the big winner with over $1700 donations! So many of you gave more than the suggested amount with Cheryl Bliss being the top donor! The donations will be used to help support local (Somerset county) cancer patients as well as contribution to cancer research.
Many people worked tirelessly behind the scenes. Special thanks to Bob Noblick who secured Chipotle sponsorship. So proud of our junior organizers Jackie Eschback and Derek Li for getting participants/volunteers, soliciting donations, donating artworks and working at the event! Qian Eschback, Michelle Chung and Gina Li covered everything from preparation to working at the event.
Thank you for participating and volunteering! Thank you to all sponsors!
Happy New Year!
SMASH! Against Cancer organizing committee
Meng Zhang, Michelle Chung, Qian Eschbach, Jackie Eschback, Derek Li, Gina Li and Jim Li
• Hillsborough Tennis Plus
• Chipotle.com (dinner sponsor)
• Angelo’s Pizzeria & Restaurant in Hillsborough, (908) 359-2526 ($50 donation to ACS)
• Bagel Bistro in Hillsborough (http://www.bagelbistrogrillhillsborough.com/, (908) 359-7929) ($50 donation to ACS)
• Dr. Brinda Kantha of Total Rehabilitation & Sports Medicine in Bridgewater (http://www.totalrehabnj.com/) ($50 donation to ACS)
• Louisa Kwan-Au-Yang of Weidel Realtors (908) 240-6633 or email email@example.com. (donation of raffle prizes: wine basket and jewelry kit)
• Rutgers women’s tennis team (https://www.facebook.com/RutgersTennis/?fref=ts) (donation of various tennis items for raffle prizes)
• NextFit club in Hillsborough (http://www.nextfitclubs.com/) (donation of 2-week membership and unlimited small group training)
• Head.com for various tennis door prizes